While wedding trends are changing, there are some things that never go out of style. One of those things is proposing to your partner with an engagement ring when you’d like to marry them. If you’re wondering why the tradition of an engagement ring is still so popular today, keep reading to learn why an engagement ring is so important.
1. Proposing with an Engagement Ring Shows Trust — When you and your partner are wearing your wedding rings together, both of you will look down at those beautiful rings and know that those rings symbolize your love and your union together as a married couple. Your partner will feel a great sense of security about your relationship when they’re wearing the engagement ring you proposed to them with.
2. Engagement Rings Can Be Status Symbols — Buying an engagement ring isn’t like buying a pair of socks. Engagement rings are meant to be worn every day, so make it a hefty investment that your partner will be proud of wearing. Many proposers will go all out when they propose with an extravagant proposal and an even more extravagant ring. Many proposers will also keep their proposal as simple as the ring. While engagement rings can be flashy status symbols, they don’t have to be. Ultimately, you have to do what’s within your budget or within your comfort. Just because you can spend all those big bucks on that giant diamond doesn’t mean you have to. You also have to consider your partner’s style and preference, and maybe they do prefer a simple engagement ring and a flashier or more intricate wedding band, for example.
Source: G-Stock Studio/Shutterstock.com
3. Diamonds Are a Girl’s Best Friend — When you picture that classic engagement ring, you’re probably picturing that gorgeous gold wedding ring with a diamond right in the center. Having trouble finding the perfect engagement ring? If you’ve been wondering, “Where can I find engagement rings near me?” then use our store locator to find your nearest Verragio boutique. Browse our selection of engagement and wedding rings online to have an idea of what you’d like before you go in person.
4. They’re Wearable Investments — The wedding ring and engagement ring you’re wearing can have more than one lifetime. It can be passed on to your children or grandchildren in the future for when they propose to their loved ones. If you’re even in a financial bind in the future, your rings can also be pawned or sold. It’s also important to get insurance for the rings because of their value. According to The Knot, 69 percent of buyers also purchased ring insurance which comes as no surprise with this high-value and high-cost investment.
5. Engagement Rings Represent Milestones — What better way to represent a milestone in your relationship than with an engagement ring? Engagement rings show that you and your fiancé are getting to that next stage in your relationship. You’ve proposed to your partner, and to your great relief, they’ve said, “Yes!” Now all you need to do is start planning the engagement party, getting your bridesmaids and groomsmen together and planning the actual wedding. It all happens so fast, so take in the moment and enjoy the blissful prewedding period.
Source: Rocketclips, Inc./Shutterstock.com
6. Engagement Rings Are the Ultimate Symbol of Love — Call us hopeless romantics, but engagement rings are still so popular today because they’re the ultimate symbol of love. Proposing to someone is such a romantic feat. You’re professing your love and telling someone else that you want to spend the rest of your life with them. The other person proudly wears that engagement ring you got them and shows it off on social media to their friends, their family and that coffee barista they see every Tuesday morning. Your partner will love that ring every day because it will remind them of your amazing relationship, your future marriage together and, of course, you: the person they’ll love forever.